Dallas Young Alumni Volunteers
Approximately sixty percent of our Young Alumni live in the Dallas Metroplex. The Dallas Young Alumni Affinity Group, known as DYA, was formed to connect young graduates (0-20 years out) through events and meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Attend Events: Dallas Young Alumni hosts one to two events per month. Events include happy hours, game watching parties, volunteer opportunities, and professional sports outings. All events are publicized via Facebook or through e-mail. To ensure that you are included on the DYA distribution list, email us with your updating mailing address at email@example.com.
- Leadership Opportunities:
- DYA Host Committee: Members of the Host Committee work with members of the SMU Alumni Office staff to spread the word out about DYA events. Volunteers also attend these activities as representatives of this Affinity Group and help other alumni become involved with DYA.
- DYA Operating Committee: Is comprised of five members of the DYA volunteer pool. The DYA Operating Committee is responsible for working with the Alumni Office staff and members of the SMU Young Alumni Board to plan and coordinate the DYA annual event calendar.
- Support SMU: A gift to SMU shows your vote of confidence in the University. Show your support for current students by participating in the Telepony annual fund program or Young Alumni Giving campaigns, including the Fry the Frogs challenge in September. Make your gift today by visiting smu.edu/giving.
Host Committee members should plan to spend 1-3 hours per month inviting area Mustangs to attend events and serving as representatives at DYA functions. Members of the DYA Operating Committee convene via conference call on the second Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m. Operating Committee volunteers can expect to spend 1-5 hours per month on planning and implementing DYA activities.
Get Involved Today!
Fill out our online volunteer interest form and choose Dallas Young Alumni Volunteers as your area of interest. After we receive your submission, a member of our Office of Alumni Engagement team will be in touch with you to tell you about the next steps!