Hispanic Alumni of SMU Board
Hispanic Alumni of SMU was established in 1997 as an affinity group that supplements the activities of the Office of Alumni Giving and Relations. The mission is to serve as the link between SMU Hispanic alumni and the SMU community, while promoting the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship.
Expectations of Board Members:
- Board Meetings: Attend monthly Board Meetings (held on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.)
- Plan and Attend Events: Attend and help coordinate group events, including the Scholarship Kickoff Reception in November and the Hispanic Alumni Awards Luncheon in May
- Promote the Scholarship: encourage participation in the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Select a Scholarship Recipient: Help select the annual recipient(s) of the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship
- Make a gift to the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship Fund: As proponents of the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship, members of the Hispanic Alumni Board are expected to make a gift of any amount to the Scholarship each fiscal year. It’s not what you give, but that you give that matters most!
- Meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. Depending on the group’s upcoming event schedule, meetings are held either in person on SMU’s East Campus or by conference call.
- The amount of time spent in this position will fluctuate; however, a member can expect to spend 1-5 hours a month on activities (less time between events and more time around events)
Get Involved Today!
Apply to become part of the Hispanic Alumni of SMU Board today! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you more about this SMU Alumni Affinity Group and expectations for its Board Members. Board members are chosen annually in August.
Learn more about the Board's signature events and other volunteer opportunities for Hispanic Alumni in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Request Information on Joining the Board