SMU Career Volunteers
The SMU Career Volunteers program represents a collaborative effort between alumni, students, the Office of Alumni Engagement, and the Hegi Family Career Development Center. SMU students are anxious to make connections with alumni as they look to jumpstart their career. Alumni volunteers are needed to share their experience, insight and expertise with students and encourage them to utilize their Mustang connections around the world.
Host an Externship
Participate in a one-day externship during the student’s winter break. Similar to job shadowing.
Provide Career Support
Participate in on-campus student career day events, or serve as a general career resource for students.
- Resumania (on-campus event)
- Speed Networking (on-campus event)
- Career Panels (on-campus event)
- Serve as a General Career Resource (conduct phone interviews, review resumes, provide career advice, etc.)
Provide or receive career advice and guidance
- Mentor a student (you can request to mentor a student involved in a particular organization on campus)
- Mentor an alumnus (you can request to mentor alumni who identify with one of our four existing affinity groups)
- Be mentored by an alumnus (you can request to be mentored by alumni who identify with one of our four existing affinity groups.
Ask for us to help you recruit SMU student interns
Time commitment varies depending on student participation, your location, and the number of opportunities in which you enroll. If you live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area you will have the opportunity to attend on-campus events as well.
Get Involved Today!
Joining is easy! Just fill out our interest form and choose SMU Career Volunteers as your volunteer role of interest. Once your form is submitted, a member of the Office of Alumni Engagement team will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps!
Join SMU Career Vounteers Today!